Saturday, July 11, 2009

Greetings from Memphis

After eating enough ribs to fill a dozen cages, some exceptional brisket and a plate of fried chicken livers; after boisterous tech rehearsals at the end of long days of 90+ degree weather; after visiting Graceland, Sun Studios and the Civil Rights Museum-- and after a gorgeous drive from Nashville to Memphis with stops in Jackson and Shiloh, Yoga Bitch opened here on Thursday night to a lovely audience at Playhouse on the Square's TheatreWorks. I've loved every minute of working with the great staff and crew at Playhouse, and I've visited two awesome yoga studios and chatted with countless charming and open Memphians over the past week; I'll be sad to leave after we close the show tomorrow afternoon. Here's some press from Memphis's Commercial Appeal and Examiner.com. I'll be posting to Jean-Michele Gregory's Travelmonkeys blog with photos and travelogue as soon as I catch my breath.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Memphoids?

Memphibians?

Memph-nodes?



CONGRATS on the book, Zuzka. How very cah-pee-taleest of you. Now Americans bulieve you are one of them. The moment to strike ees soon at hand.

Suzanne Morrison said...

Memphibians! Thank you for the congrats, comrade. We talk soon, my friend.