Wednesday, September 10, 2008

mf Magazine interview


Here's a link to an interview I did at Bumbershoot with Erik Schultz of mf Magazine/European Weekly. 

It was great fun chatting with Erik about Yoga Bitch and the process Jean-Michele and I went through in developing the show. 

Back story: I had just come from the Gage Academy drawing room, where I sat in lotus for just under an hour while artists both professional and amateur drew me looking muy serene. When the Gage coordinator asked me if I could sit like that for an hour I acted very nonchalant: Of course I can. I am a yogini. See the poster? Yoga Bitch, bitches. 

By the time I met Erik at the Center House to conduct the interview, I could barely feel my legs. I had to tell myself how to walk. (Step, step. Step step. Step again. And again.) I haven't sat in lotus since. I effing hate lotus.

3 comments:

JM said...

Ha! But don't you have to do lotus in the upcoming show? Your director is very concerned...

Suzanne Morrison said...

right. i mean, i love lotus. i totally effing love lotus!

Kathleen said...

What a great interview! Two things made me laugh out loud, one intentional and the other thanks to the editor, which were the auntie-loving-clothespins voices and the slow-mo credit roll at the end. Yoga Bitch Rocks!